After undergoing bariatric surgery, it is important to follow through the recommended dietary guidelines. These are diet guidelines that are created by health care providers with the main aim of limiting the amount of calories that people consume. Although this form of eating might seem rather overwhelming, over time, many patients become used to the guidelines and they take it as a normal routine. If you want to understand the best diet after weight loss surgery, the following guidelines will help to inspire you:
- Make sure you follow a diet that is low in calories, sweets and fats
- Eat small portions of balanced meals
- Keep daily records of the food portion you consume together with your protein and calorie intake
- Ensure you eat slowly and chew food until it is fine before swallowing
- Avoid eating bread, rice, and raw vegetables. Ground meat or mince meat might be an ideal option for you
- Avoid drinking carbonated beverages or using straws to drink any sort of liquids. Chewing rice should also be avoided. Doing so will introduce air into the vouch and then result in discomfort
- Avoid sugar-rich foods and beverages. They will only make the situation worse
- For the first two months, your diet after weight loss surgery should include calorie amounts between 300 and 600 calories every day. Focusing on thin liquids will enable you to achieve the best
- Your daily calorific intake should never exceed 1000 calories
Fruits are of great essence after surgery and you have to include them in your diet after weight loss surgery. Make sure you:
- Drink lots of water and other low-calorie fluids regularly in order to avoid dehydration
- Drink at least two liters of liquids daily
- Avoid alcohol. Experts warn against drinking alcoholic beverages since they will only serve to aggravate the situation
To be able to preserve muscle tissue, you need to eat foods that are rich in proteins. High protein foods include fish, meats, eggs, tuna, seafood, soy milk and cottage cheese. You should aim for 75 grams of protein on a daily basis.
These are major guidelines that you need to implement when you are planning your diet after weight loss surgery. Supplements are of great essence if you cannot get a natural supply of these foods. They are effective in preventing the occurrence of nutrient deficiencies.
Follow us for more articles on health, the medical industry and many others.